Thursday, November 29, 2007
Birthday!
I remember when I was a child that I thought 40 was so OLD. I'm here to tell you that it's not that old. Having recently turned 40, I still feel like I'm in my 20's. Even my kids tell me that I'm not old (I won't tell you how much I paid them to say that). Seriously, I guess I thought that something magical (not good magic) happened when a person turned 40 - body parts started falling off, hair and teeth started falling out, etc. It wasn't a pretty picture. Fortunately none of that happened! I still have all my hair which isn't too gray (not gray at all right now, if you get my drift! ;>)). I still have all my teeth and none of my body parts fell off (some are falling, but that's what support undergarments are for, right?). All in all, 40 feels pretty great! Hopefully my body and mind will hold out for at least another 40 years. I look forward to the amazing journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember too when I thought 40 was so old that people probably died of old age at that time. I shudder to think of kids thinking that about us now. (I'm less than 9 years behind you.)
Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment